• Welcome to the Planning Permission Forum
  • Please register in order to post your own thread to get some answers!
  • Please browse the forum to view on-going discussions and matters
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Outbuilding
I live in Carmarthenshire in a house with a large back garden and want to build an outbuilding in the garden for storage.

Do I need planning permission for this?

(06-27-2017, 02:25 PM)RichTom Wrote: I live in Carmarthenshire in a house with a large back garden and want to build an outbuilding in the garden for storage.

If your house is within a conservation area or a planning condition is attached to the permission relating to the house (if applicable) you may have to apply for planning permission regardless. Do you know whether you may be caught by the above?

If not, you could benefit from permitted rights, but this is subject to a number of conditions - could you give me potential width, height, length of the outbuilding and whether it will be placed within 2m of the boundary of the garden?

Look forward to hearing from you.

(07-06-2017, 05:22 PM)planning-helper Wrote:
(06-27-2017, 02:25 PM)RichTom Wrote: I live in Carmarthenshire in a house with a large back garden and want to build an outbuilding in the garden for storage.

If your house is within a conservation area or a planning condition is attached to the permission relating to the house (if applicable) you may have to apply for planning permission regardless. Do you know whether you may be caught by the above?

If not, you could benefit from permitted rights, but this is subject to a number of conditions - could you give me potential width, height, length of the outbuilding and whether it will be placed within 2m of the boundary of the garden?

Sorry I noticed after posting I didn't include any real detail....

I live in a 1950s house which is not in a conservation area. Potential sizes are 2.5m to the ridge, around 4m by 3m and it would be placed well beyond 2m from the boundary of my garden.

Thanks again

(07-09-2017, 11:14 AM)RichTom Wrote:
(07-06-2017, 05:22 PM)planning-helper Wrote:

Sorry I noticed after posting I didn't include any real detail....

I live in a 1950s house which is not in a conservation area. Potential sizes are 2.5m to the ridge, around 4m by 3m and it would be placed well beyond 2m from the boundary of my garden.

Thanks again

Thanks.

Providing the outbuilding isn't within 5m from the highway and is not within 2m of the boundary of the garden then the dimensions you have stated suggest the structure would fall under permitted development thresholds.

If you wish to clarify this with your Council prior to undertaking any works you could submit a lawful development certificate (proposed used - if not built, and a fee of £95) in which you will receive confirmation that it falls under PD thresholds.

Hope the above is of use.