• Welcome to the Planning Permission Forum
  • Please register in order to post your own thread to get some answers!
  • Please browse the forum to view on-going discussions and matters
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two poster ramp in Garage
Hi,

I was googling about whether installing a two poster ramp in my garage would require planning permission or constitute a change of use? My Husband is into restoring cars and wants a two poster ramp in the garage to make things easier.

Thanks

Angie

(03-01-2017, 06:35 PM)angieJ Wrote: Hi,

I was googling about whether installing a two poster ramp in my garage would require planning permission or constitute a change of use? My Husband is into restoring cars and wants a two poster ramp in the garage to make things easier.

Thanks

Angie

The construction/positioning of a 2 poster ramp within an existing garage structure would not require planning permission. In addition, as long as the scope of the works remained ‘incidental’ to the dwelling e.g. was a hobby with only one car being restored etc., which your post suggests, then it would be likely that the works would also not constitute a change of use.

Hope the above is of use.

(03-02-2017, 09:41 AM)planning-helper Wrote:
(03-01-2017, 06:35 PM)angieJ Wrote: Hi,

Thanks

Angie

The construction/positioning of a 2 poster ramp within an existing garage structure would not require planning permission. In addition, as long as the scope of the works remained ‘incidental’ to the dwelling e.g. was a hobby with only one car being restored etc., which your post suggests, then it would be likely that the works would also not constitute a change of use.

Hope the above is of use.

Thanks sooo much this is really helpful! Smile