• Welcome to the Planning Permission Forum
  • Please register in order to post your own thread to get some answers!
  • Please browse the forum to view on-going discussions and matters
Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wind Turbine - refused planning permission
I've recently received notification from my local council that my application for a wind turbine has been refused.

The notice provided gives me the reasons why it is considered unacceptable. I don't agree with the decision as the information I submitted clearly showed it was acceptable.

How do I dispute this decision and get a second opinion?

(04-27-2017, 08:18 AM)h-edthom Wrote: I've recently received notification from my local council that my application for a wind turbine has been refused.

The notice provided gives me the reasons why it is considered unacceptable. I don't agree with the decision as the information I submitted clearly showed it was acceptable.

How do I dispute this decision and get a second opinion?

Details on how you can appeal should be on the reverse of your Decision Notice. Generally for applications such as this an appeal should be lodged to the Planning Inspectorate within 6 months from the date of application decision.

There are three methods of appeal - Written Representations, Informal Hearing and Public Enquiry

Generally these applications would be dealt with through written representation or informal hearing. Informal hearing if there are complex issues. The Planning Inspectorate will either agree with your requested method or request a change.

In Wales you can lodge an appeal with outline grounds and provide full grounds within the provided timescales however in England I believe you need to provide the full grounds when lodging the appeal.

Hope the above is of use - let me know if you have any further questions.